As I mentioned in my last post, I started two experiments last night: frozen yogurt chips and chocolate almond chia seed pudding… Both were a success! The pudding more so than the yogurt chips but I’ll tell you about both anyway:
- Buy a flavored yogurt – I used Stonyfield Strawberry Yogurt. Put in a plastic baggy and cut a small hole in the bottom corner of baggy (like you’re about to pipe icing.
- Get out a plate or baking pan, put parchment paper down.
- Pipe yogurt chips, about the diameter of a quarter.
- Put in freezer, let sit overnight!
I ended up peeling them off and putting them into a bowl, then eating them like that flash frozen ice cream you can get in malls or zoos… Why can’t I remember what that’s called?? It was actually really good and satisfied my sweet tooth but was also kind of crunchy!
And now for my other experiment, the greater success…
Chia Seed Chocolate Pudding:
- Put 1/2 cup dry chia seeds in a large glass bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of chocolate almond milk and 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt into bowl. Mix with whisk.
- Add 2 tbsp honey and 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and whisk thoroughly.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, place in the fridge, chill overnight.
I based this recipe on a few that I found on the internet and made some modifications on what I put in (honey instead of maple syrup, chocolate almond milk instead of regular, etc.)
So delicious!! Really strange texture that I think is most similar to that of rice pudding…
Pingback: Breakfast In A Jar: Daughter Edition | gravyorsauce