Rib-eye steak, hell yeah! Rib-eye steak tends to always be a reasonable price when I’m in Trader Joe’s… it’s like they know I’m coming! What I haven’t mastered about the art of cooking steak just right (I like it rare, but I always tend to leave it either a little over-done or a little too bloody, even for me). I even know the whole check how done your meat is by touching your thumb and (depending on how well done you like it) index finger, poke the heel of your palm, and if the meat feels the same, ya done! But, alas! I think you just need to spend enough time trying it to get it right.
Anyway. I had some extra manchego cheese and some spinach and whipped that up as a side. I just ate the manchego as is, because it’s too good of a cheese to mess with, you know?
For the Steak:
- Barely anything needs to be done… But start by heating your cast-iron skillet.
- Put a little salt and pepper on your steak, each side.
- Cook steak for ~5 minutes each side.
For the Spinach:
- As I always do, start with some chopped up garlic sauteed in olive oil.
- Add in the spinach, and let cook down.
For the Manchego Cheese:
- Cut some up and thank the Spanish for this delightful dairy product.
This was an iron and protein rich meal, for sure, and it was wonderful!